My Valentine, My Hero!

4172432f-2b80-4744-a755-22e61b258f6f-300x200

My tiny bundle of joy, with the tiniest hands which were less longer than my fingers, cheeks that were a little rosier than any pink blush, twinkling eyes that could steal a million hearts. It is truly said ‘ A mother is born when a child is born’. After all a mother carries a child and nurtures him/her for a good long nine months. It is probably the only time when you are in love with someone selflessly even without seeing or meeting them.  The kind of love which is eternal.

Amidst this new bonding there is someone silently putting in efforts to make the mother comfortable and create a bond with the newborn, their father. Ever wondered how difficult it is to accept someone as a part of their own body without having them in their womb?

Aren’t fathers the most neglected species? We seldom talk about the challenges a father faces when there is a new addition to the family. It is also rare to hear a man vocal about their fears, their anxieties, and their dreams.

Like everyone I too had a dream.  A dream which was deep rooted in a corner of my heart. I wouldn’t say it got killed by marital responsibilities but yes, it took a back stand.

I still have vivid memories of that day which changed my life.

“How could you Dhruv? Do you realize we have 2 kids? How are we going to manage? What on Earth made you quit your job all of a sudden and announce it to the whole family at a go! Do you realize what it takes to make a career, ask me because I gave up one for our family” I said it all at one go.

The news was not less than a tsunami for all of us. Dhruv just announced that he had quit his job and would not be going to work after serving the notice period.

Somewhere I felt a breach of trust because this time he had not shared anything about it with me. It left me devastated.

Sipping coffee by my bedroom’s window I recalled how Dhruv and I met while doing our masters, How different we were and yet so similar to each other. His patience & maturity balanced my flamboyance.   There was barely anything I had hidden from him, my dreams, his dreams, our childhood memories, everything.

39270476_10156734350606410_3618715173302304768_o.jpg

I recalled how I had discussed my decision to quit my well paying job after Amogh & Atharv were born. The struggle was real and he stood By me hard as rock at every step. Today when it was his turn to reciprocate the trust, he did not discuss it with me. Was I not worthy enough? Was there something else in his mind or …. Someone else?

My mind was numb . Atharv’s cry broke my thoughts and my eyes let the tears roll forming a trail of left over kajal from my eyes.

Days passed by and Dhruv got busier. He reached home late and left before the crack of dawn. When at home, he was always on the phone. It was all breaking me from inside.

Was the reason behind his indifference my career break or something else? But guess what,  life had never been easy for me!

I was 19 when I was bedridden for 2 long years due to major disc prolapse which eventually got resolved with a life threatening surgery. It was then that I got admission in Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and had to forego it due to my spinal surgery. I was still happy because I had the happiness of standing on my feet after 2 long years. This sacrifice was nothing when compared with the ability to walk! One of the few things that we take for granted!

Then we moved to Jaipur and I joined my masters program in the pink city. And then I met Dhruv, the hero of my life. The bonding we share is beyond words. Even after being 2 different kind of people we bonded instantly. Afterall opposites attract! Even after both of us joined the big bad corporate world we ensured stealing time over lunch and weekends trying to spend time with each other as an when we could.

“Mumma, Atharv is crying” 3 year old Amogh looked amused why mumma could not hear I year old Atharv’s cries .

The day ended with a lot of sadness . I wonder why days are longer when we are upset and shorter when everything is well. Probably emotions are inversely proportionate to time!

It was Friday. That Friday was different. I was in my usual sad mood when Dhruv walked into the room and asked me to get ready as we had to go to meet someone.

Now it was clear. Our marriage was falling apart and there was least I could do. I was prepared to break the face of the wicked soul who had spoilt my perfect life!

I tried getting ready in the best way I could. Dhruv’s eyes said I looked good! How can this happen when I could see so much love in his eyes?

13558744_10154311561581410_7868139363100882453_o

We didn’t speak a word throughout the way. I just increased the volume of the song played on radio “Ajeeb dastaan hai ye…. Kisi ka pyaar leke tum, naya jahaan basaoge….” I was clear of not leaving my kids with him for sure; they would be in my custody. The human mind truly travels faster than light.

The car stopped with the screeching brake. It was time to change our car, it had been years since we had been driving the same car and it was now giving up. Ironically we bought this car after our marriage. Were we both turning obsolete?

Lost in my own thoughts , I looked on my side while removing my sunglasses. How well they mask our swollen eyes!

I could not believe what I saw in front of me. We stood in front of a newly constructed building. On it was a board that read a preschools name.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I did not notice that the building had been constructed on our plot which was bought by my father in law years back. And the board… the name of the school looked familiar too!

We had visited a Franchise meet couple of months back upon insistence from a  common friend and had loved the concept of this chain school.

It was then that I had told Dhruv how I always wanted to open a school and how my father was reluctant because he thought it was a big responsibility for which I was not prepared! I even told him that I had done my Early childhood certification course to understand children and this work better only because of my dream.

Ahh… now it was clear! Do was this the reason behind it all……? Was this why my husband had quit his job? Was this why he was always busy and on the phone? No! Probably it was something else.

I wanted to ask so many things but could not …. I could just look at Dhruv when he asked me to follow him, which I did without uttering a word, almost spellbound.

There I walked inside a cabin which had my name and the word ‘Principal’ attached to it. I don’t remember for how long I hugged him that day. The outlet of emotions was huge!

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-27 at 13.41.27

Our bond was still strong; I had understood everything without a single word from Dhruv. There was no scope for words, the silence itself spoke everything. With tears rolled several days pain, anxiety and in turn they expressed love and trust.

This was our school, our dream come true. It is said ‘Behind every successful man there is a woman’ however behind my success stands my man, determined to make my dream come true.

12119968_1501551770171017_6047082845496730832_o

Today it has been years since we have been running the school of our dreams successfully , we have been fortunate to live ‘our’ dream.

Our children are also working hard with us day in and out. When a mom works even her children are a part of her journey. There are days when their favorite food is not cooked, there are days when only 1 parent attends their school function, but they bear with it all with a smile. They value the hard work their parents are putting in.

This picture speaks it all, of unspoken words, of our journey from husband and wife to colleagues, from our move from the corporate world to the world of education!  This is our journey of love and understanding. I am proud of my man for keeping me equal to him, not a step ahead, not a step behind.

He is my true Valentine!

This post is a part of the Valentine’s Day blog train hosted by www.prernawahi.com www.vartikasdiary.com, sponsored by ShilpSa, Kalpavriksha farms & Neha from @bloggingmadeeasier ”

I have used a picture prompt.

Advertisements

62 Comments Add yours

1. Wow priyam…that’s such an amazing story…in true sense the best gift a husband can give his wife..her dream!!!…God bless u both!!

2. cancerian01 says:

You are a lucky woman. Not many husbands would give up their career to fulfill their wife’s ambition. You both make great partners and you have depicted it so well in your post. Keep shining 🙂

1. Thank you for the beautiful words

2. True. Thank you for your kind words.

3. Thank you for the appreciation. Yes, not many husbands would do that!

3. You are so lucky to get what you wanted as a gift from hubby… Well written

1. Yes lucky indeed! Thank you!

4. Such a heartwarming blog, Priyam. Thanks for sharing the beautiful story with us. Love the names of your kids too.

1. Thank you Vartika 🙂 Thank you for the opportunity!

Liked by 1 person

5. Wow Priyam..such a great heartfelt post. I could feel all your emotions, it’s so well narrated. But am glad of thr end, it was so surprising and unexpected. Really your husband is your true valentine in every sense.

6. alpanadeo says:

First of all a big congratulations for your school. Yes, human brain travels faster than light. It travels to many unexpected places where it is not supposed to but if it finds it’s true destination then that’s a win win. I would say it’s worth the traveling time.:-) jokes apart. I am so proud of both of you. Kudos to Dhruv’s efforts.
    God bless you!!
    #vdayblogtrain

1. Thank you for the beautiful comment! I will convey your message to Dhruv 🙂

7. Lovely post and a very inspirational story of love! May you and your husband continue to be blessed.
    #VDayBlogTrain

1. Thanks for the lovely words!

Liked by 1 person

2. Thank you for the kind words!

Liked by 1 person

8. Aakriti says:

Loved, loved reading your post. Indeed, you are fortunate to have had your dream come true. Human mind always look for the negative over looking the positive. Surely your sacrifices and patience paid off.

1. I am glad you liked the blog. Means a lot 🙂

9. Dr. Surbhi Prapanna says:

wow, such an inspiring blog and I am so glad you had achieved in your life what you had wanted. many congrats and all the best for future

10. ritwika16 says:

Loved your journey with your husband. Love is just that, supporting each other in this long journey. Yes..like you even my husband has been my pillar of strength. Stay blessed. Beautifully written..

11. Disha says:

That’s true love! He stood by your dream and

12. Congratulations on making your dream true. And you got a real hero in life, Priyam. Wish every woman have such an understanding spouse. What a wonderful love!

1. Thank you! Yes, he is my hero!

13. Ramya says:

Wonderful to read about your journey. Stay blessed both of you.

1. Thank you Ramya 🙂

14. Wow Priyam! Such an inspiring story you two have. It is such a blessing when you have a partner who is your partner in true sense. God bless you dear!

15. The society we live in generally women has to make sacrifices however you have such a unique partner that he is always up and ready to go beyond societal norms to make you happy. God bless you both.

1. True, but I guess things are changing gradually and for good. Thanks for reading the blog 🙂

16. MeenalSonal says:

Dream coming true is a moment of happiness and it is doubled when your partner is along. I liked the way you took your story forward. Congratulations and now you are in a position where you in turn becomes a person who fulfills others dream.

Cheers
    MeenalSonal

1. Such a beautiful comment. Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I am blessed to be a part of the education fraternity! 🙂

17. Varsh says:

Having a husband who not only understands your dream but also facilitates in achieving them is a blessing, Priyam. I loved how he graciously took the backseat and encouraged you to take charge. This is a beautiful story, hope God blesses you with many such wonderful moments and experiences together. 🙂

1. Thank you for the wonderful comment and beautiful wishes.

18. This seems like a fairy tale! when one partner makes the others dreams his own, it can be nothing but true love. Loved your story, may the bond between you both grow stronger. And i loved your kids names.

1. Thanka for the lovely words!

19. You are blessed priyam…god is kind ..keep up these spirits..loved your story…and I have much regards for your husband too….
    Iam an educationist,so I can understand n I HV felt so close to your story…
    I think I hv gvn comments yesterday too ..but I can’t find so giving it today also…

1. Thanks for the kind words Pallavi!

20. praggattirao says:

You are blessed that your husband upholds your aspirations above his. God bless .. a beautiful life story:)

1. Thanks Pragati 🙂

21. jameela says:

Wow such a lovely story,no doubt u r a lucky lady🤗 I wish every women gets a husband like urs, Der will never b any kind of Ill treatment towards women be it domestic violence or inequality.. such an inspiring soul Ur husband is… More loves n hugs to u both😘

22. Maya Bhat says:

Both you and your husband deserve appreciation. Till the end I was really thinking this is going to be some fiction. Such a worth life journey you travelled. Hats off. ☺️❤️

1. Thank you Maya. Glad you liked the blog!

23. Prerna Wahi says:

A cute inspirational story. I enjoyed reading it! May God bless your lovely family!

1. Thanks Prerna . I am glad you enjoyed reading the blog.

24. Snehal Sham says:

Oh wow!! He is not your hero..you are a hero yourself..he just made your wish come true…great post.

1. Wow thats a huge compliment! Thank you 🙂

25. Priyal says:

How lucky you are to have a husband like him. Truly you are blessed dear. Touchwood 🙂

26. eshachaks says:

What a wonderful example of shared dreams and passion… Thank you for sharing this story with us

1. Thank you for reading the blog 🙂

27. Misha says:

beautifully written yaa.. count your blessings everyday sweety

1. Ya true. Thank you

28. Anagha Yatin says:

Real life always has interesting and inspiring stories than the reel life! Thanks Priyam for sharing this inspiring story with us. I’m sure with you both working at the common goals, there would always be a win-win situation. And if it is not so, I am doubly sure that together you will turn it into one!

1. Thank you for the compliment and wishes 🙂

29. The honesty is your story touched my heart, Priyam. You’ve shown what marriage is, and it is not always rosy. Wishing you both the best life has to offer always. May you’ll see many more dream. May you’ll see all of them being fulfilled.